The solution of Feadship is to use hybrid energy and propulsion technology arranged to fit the operational use of a superyacht. This in combination with a low resistance hull design with wave damping aftbody and contra-rotating propulsion. This solution provides a substantial fuel usage reduction (up to 25%) while increasing the comfort onboard during e.g. night time anchoring.
1. single medium speed main engine instead of double highspeed diesels;
2. operation based design instead of trial condition based design;
3. batteries for peak shaving and ultra quite night time anchoring;
4. wave damping aftbody, aft centre of bouyancy, slender foreship hull design;
5. contra rotating propulsion arrangement.
Read more about the sustainable solutions of Feadship: