Instead of having oversized diesel engines for propulsion Eekels has developed a solution where the auxilary engines can boost propulsion: EPCS, Eekels Power Conversion System. This is a Slow Steaming solution in the most economic and enviromental friendly way.
There are several advantages:
– Smaller main engines ask less of the crew
– More efficient main engine, thus this is a fuel saving concept
– Booster reduces installed power of the main engine
– Speed reduction with constant power output (70-100% RPM)
– Bowthruster drive integration (and other heavy energy consumers)